Sunday, October 30

Penetrating Light: My first Poem

The night is creeping in closer
Farther and farther I fall
Until I am consumed in darkness
Faster and faster I slip
Beyond the grasp of hope
Death waiting to kill, to devour,
Deeper and deeper I go
Every second closer to landing
At the bottom of the god forsaken well
Amid the darkness is a scorching heat
My flesh burns
The blackness presses in
The pressure bound against my lungs
I feel them near burst
Hotter and hotter the air around me
The thickness from humidity nearly suffocating
I have entered the Devil’s kingdom
Hell waits to unleash its wrath
The fate I deserve
For my sinful life
My head throbs
The lack of the smallest speck of light
Drives me insane
The uncertainty of what could be inches from my face
Drives me to madness.
|
|
A light
Brighter and brighter it glows
Illuminating the well
A figure appears
Radiating in blinding light
The black vanished
Replaced with white
My eyes could not bear the brilliant shine
Illuminating the cave
The silhouette shed light
Wider and wider it thrust the walls
Like water it rushed
Splashing over my face
My skin
Pouring over me
Gushing over my open wounds
Deep with greed and pride
Cleaning the infection
Purifying
Healing the gash
My sins ever present evaporate
Slipping into the air
They disappear
No longer in existence
Saved from the eternal pits
Of hells unforgiving fire
The grace of GOD
The return of hope
Bringing me home
In perfect unity
With Christ my savior
In seemingly unending dark,
The Penetrating Light

No comments:

Post a Comment